- What’s a Shindig?
A Shindig is a camp event where you can have fun, be challenged, and spend time meeting and connecting with other likeminded, Christian families!
- Is the Shindig with any sort of denomination?
No, we are not associated with any denomination. The Shindig is open to anyone who loves Jesus, believes the Bible, and is committed to serving God faithfully. There are many different backgrounds represented at the Shindigs. Most Shindiggers are homeschoolers, although this is not a requirement.
- Is there a registration deadline?
Yes. You must register for the 2023 Pennsylvania Shindig by July 15, 2023.
- May I come if I’m just a single?
Yes indeed! Parts of this Shindig are actually geared for single adults, although there are family activities as well.
- What does the Shindig cost?
It varies depending on which lodging and meal options you choose, and how many people are in your family. Please see PRICING in the sidebar.
- Are there laundry facilities at the camp?
Yes, but they’re limited. Please don’t plan to use laundry facilities, and bring enough clothes for the whole week.
- How early can I come to the Shindig?
Plan to arrive and check in after 12 p.m. on Monday.
- May we stay at the camp after Check Out time on Friday?
No, you may not. Cove Valley Camp needs to have the premises clear by 12 p.m. on Friday. However, we are providing the option for families to fellowship longer at a local park on Friday afternoon, for those who are interested. Please refer to After the Shindig on the DETAILS page
- Is there a dress code or any other Shindig rules?
Yes, there are. Please see DETAILS in the sidebar.
- Are there extra paid activities?
No, everything is included.
- May I bring a pet?
No, pets are not allowed.
- If I have to travel by flight to the Shindig, will someone be able to pick me up at the airport?
Yes, we’d be happy to do that for you! Inform us of your needs upon registration. Additional costs may apply.
- May I sign up for the Shindig after the registration deadline?
Registrations after July 16 will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Why is the 2023 PA Shindig scheduled for Mon – Fri instead of a weekend?
Unfortunately, the camp isn’t available for any weekends in August.
Lodging and Food
- Is there a way to come to the Shindig even after camp lodging and meal reservations are full?
After reservations are full, new registrations will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- What sorts of lodging are available for singles?
There will be a cabin for single men, and another for single women. Simply register as a single, and we will assign you to one of our singles’ cabins.
- Do I have to stay on site?
No, you do not. You are welcome to stay off site. Then your only expenses from us would be day guest and registration fees, and optional cafeteria costs.
- May I stay with another small family in the same lodging?
Yes, if you know a family you’d like to do this with. This will free up lodging availabilities for other Shindiggers, but normal pricing rates will still apply.
- Are there discount options for larger families?
Yes there are! Cost caps at $450 for cabins and at $287 for RV sites. Please see PRICING in the sidebar.
- Will the camp provide extra cots if needed?
Yes, the camp has said that they have a few cots to spare for this purpose.
- May a group of siblings rent the same room?
Yes. Sign up as a family (write in “N/A” where parents’ names would apply).
- Are there bathroom and showering facilities for those staying in RVs and tents?
Yes, there are. However, don’t expect these facilities to be luxurious or numerous. It is also possible that some families could work it out to share showering facilities with someone who is staying in a motel or cabin.
- May I bring my own food?
Indeed you may! This will save you cafeteria costs, as well as save limited cafeteria availabilities for other Shindiggers.
- Will the camp cafeteria work with my dietary restrictions?
Gluten intolerance is the primary dietary restriction our cafeteria will be able to work with. If you have other needs, please contact us for more information.
Please contact us if you have any questions.