August 16 – 20, 2021
Registration deadline is July 4, 2021.
Cove Valley Camp 5357 Little Cove Rd Mercersburg, PA 17236
- Morning services including congregational singing, a devotional, special music, and the morning message.
- Break-off sessions after the main service. This is your opportunity if you have something to share! Contact us if you’d like to lead a session.
- Volleyball tournaments. This includes:
- A state volleyball tournament, where Shindiggers from each state choose players to form a team to compete for state championship
- A doubles volleyball tournament, pairing guys with girls to form two-person teams – we can pair you with someone, or you may sign up as a team (married couple of any age may join too!)
- Holey canoe race. Can you row and bail at the same time?
- Morning Bible study for young men.
- Morning Bible study for young women.
- Shindig concert and talent exhibition – an opportunity to reveal your special skills and interests! Everyone is encouraged to participate, as individuals and/or families; details to follow by email.
- Evening singles’ socials – a chance for singles 16 and older to connect.
- Many spontaneous activity opportunities, including volleyball, nine-square-in-the-air, biking/skateboarding, talking, horseshoes, gaga ball, playground, talking, disc golf, swimming in the pool, talking, fishing in the pond, hiking, climbing trees, talking, card/table/board games, singing, campfires, talking, and much more!
For an added fee, you can sign up for a camp cafeteria option. FULL MEAL PACKAGE includes breakfast, lunch, and supper; PARTIAL MEAL PACKAGE includes lunch and supper only (no breakfast). Please see PRICING for more details.
However, the cafeteria is optional, and those who so desire are welcome to bring their own food.
We are accepting free registration for a supper potluck, where families bringing food can share their evening meals together. The potlucks will be held in one of the motel kitchens, where there are ample cooking, brewing, electric, refrigeration, and dishwashing capacities. If you are interested, please select this option at registration!
What to bring
- Soap, towels, washcloths, and bedsheets.
- Blankets (if you’re staying in a cabin)
- Enough clothes for the week. There are some laundry facilities at this camp, but they are limited.
- Bible and notepad.
- A special skill or project: options range from a well-polished piece you can play on the piano, to something tangible like your latest art or embroidery project. Ideas are limitless – please be a part of our talent exhibition!
- Musical instruments for the talent exhibition or for playing music with friends.
- Gear for volleyball, fishing, disc golf, spike-ball, cornhole, soccer, badminton, and whatever other sport you deem important.
- Card games, board games, etc
- Lawn chairs
- Hymnals in you’d like to sing with friends!
- Modest swimming clothes for the pool.
- Bug spray
- First aid kit (We are at a campground!)
- Dish detergent if you are participating in the potlucks, etc.
- Bicycles! Biking and skateboarding are allowed, so bring them if you wish.
- Supplies to set up as a vendor, if you wish. There is no cost to do this.
- A testimony to share!
- Each individual or family is responsible to clean their own rooms before leaving the Shindig.
- Please wear modest clothing. Low-cut shirts and bikinis are not permitted. Please wear skirts, dresses, or shorts to below the knees, and wear a shirt at all times including swimming. Thanks for understanding!
- No smoking, alcohol, or illegal drugs.
- Adults must carefully monitor campfires, biking, skateboarding, canoeing, fishing, and swimming.
- Camp quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
After the Shindig
Because the camp needs the premises clear by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, we are planning a time of extended fellowship at a local park on Friday after the Shindig. At this park there will be lunch and supper potlucks on Friday, as well as RV and tenting options for Friday night and perhaps longer. You may sign up at registration, or wait until the Shindig to sign up. If you wish to be in these potlucks but don’t want to bring food, we will bring extra food for you, for an added fee at Shindig registration.